Daily Current Affairs 17th May 2022 – The news (Current Affairs) keeps you up at night, keeps you alert during the day, and keeps you thinking long after you should be asleep. The news or current affairs is one of the most important ways to learn about the world, government activities, and current events for students, and who want to keep updated. In this article, I will discuss some of the current events that happened nationally and internationally. It will be helpful for competitive exams like SSC, Bank, UPSC, Railway, etc.
Daily Current Affairs: 17th May 2022
- EAM Dr. S Jaishankar launched a book on India – Africa relations: changing horizons by ambassador Rajib Bhatia.
- India to participate in the G7 development ministers meeting in Berlin on Wednesday.
- Union information and broadcasting minister Anurag Thakur takes a tour of the India Pavillion at the Cannes Film festival in France. France, capital – Berlin, president – Emmanuel Macron.
- Satyajit Ray’s 1970 movie ‘Pratidwandi’ will be screened in the Cannes classics section of the 75th edition of the festival.
- Emmanuel Macron appointed Elisabeth Borne as the prime minister of France.
- Defense minister Rajnath Singh launched 2 indigenous frontline warships – Surat (guided-missile destroyer) and Udaygiri (stealth frigate) in Mumbai.
- Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya India is among the top 20 markets for medical devices worldwide and 4th in Asia.
- President Ramnath Kovind inaugurated Dr. Ambedkar Avenue in downtown Kingston in honor of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- South Korea won the Uber cup by defeating China. Capital of South Korea – Seoul.
- Amit Shah inaugurated the national cyber forensic science laboratory in Hyderabad.